Như đã nói trên đây là chủ đề rất nóng trong thời đại công nghệ ngày nay, so sánh những mặt tích cực và tiêu cực của sự phát triển nên công nghệ, người lớn thấy rằng nó làm mất đi sự truyền thống còn người trẻ thấy rằng nó giúp ích cho xã hội. Những bất đồng quan điểm, lợi và hại của Internet, television và mobile phone sẽ được khai thác rõ trong chủ đề này, thường gặp những vấn đề cơ bản như:
- Mặt tích cực và tiêu cực của việc sử dụng Internet;
- Quan điểm về việc độ tuổi bắt đầu tiếp xúc với công nghệ đang ngày càng giảm dần;
- Quan điểm về việc sử dụng quá nhiều đồ công nghệ trong ứng dụng cuộc sống;
- So sánh Internet với các phương tiện truyền thống như sách, đài,… .
Cùng DOL phân tích sâu hơn về những dạng đề bài và ý tưởng cho chủ đề này nhé! Bạn có thể xem thêm các chủ đề khác tại: 24 chủ đề thường gặp trong IELTS Writing Task 2
B. Dạng đề bài thường gặp cho chủ đề Internet, Television and Mobile Phone
- How Internet, television and mobile phone rule young people’ life;
- Effect of internet, television and mobile phone to children nowaday;
- Advantages and disadvantages of internet, television and mobile phone towards economy, education and health;
- Error internet, television and mobile phone using cause bad future for human;
- Effect of internet, television and mobile phone to education, society.
C. Cách xử lý những vấn đề trong chủ đề Internet, Television and Mobile Phone
Đưa ra những điểm mạnh, mặt tốt và tầm quan trọng của Internet, Television và Mobile Phone trong thực trạng mà đề bài nhắc đến.
- Access huge storage of news;
- Update immediately information to which people really need;
- Traditional newspaper might not be able to compete with the Internet in terms of the updating speed;
- Provide a public area for knowledge exchange;
- Anyone obtains store a great amount information online easily instead of going public libraries to search them;
- People can read books on the move by their mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and so on.
Đưa ra những điểm yếu, mặt tối và sự ảnh hưởng của việc lạm dụng Internet, television và mobile phone hiện nay.
- Library is a reliable source of information more than Internet or mobile phone;
- Individuals can be separated from real relationship like friends, family;
- Decreasing people’s communication capability;
- Child can accidentally come across violent or pornographic images;
- Hampering workplace productivity as well;
- Making more impatient and less focused on real activities.
D. Một số đề mẫu chủ đề Internet, Television and Mobile Phone
“Although more and more people read the news on the Internet, newspaper will remain the most important source of news for the majority of people. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?”
Some people believe that despite the widespread popularity of the online media, traditional newspaper will still hold the most vital position among news readers. In my opinion, this idea is rather absurd as the Internet has become increasingly dominant due to the benefits it offers.
The first thing that attracts people to reading news on the online sources is their easy access. With the presence of the Internet around almost every corner of the world, people with a portable device such as a mobile phone can access huge storage of news. In fact, latest events, for example IS Terrorist attacks, would be updated immediately on CNN or New York Times. By contrast, with prolonging procedures including editing and printing, traditional newspaper might not be able to compete with the Internet in terms of the updating speed.
Another benefit with which the Internet can, from my point of view, take over the position of printed newspaper is the new experience it brings to readers. One limitation of newspaper is that it cannot convey visual messages to the people who read news on a regular basis. Meanwhile, non-stop progress of the technology industry has unfolded the possibility to upload videos and voice records on various online websites. For instance, soccer fans these days can re-watch their favorite matches anytime they want with only a laptop connected to the Internet, which a mere paper cannot do.
In conclusion, I disagree that printed newspaper would continue to be the most crucial source of information because more and more people will be drawn to use the Internet.
“Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since computer technology can replace their functions. Do you agree or disagree?”
Today, computer technology is becoming more and more advanced. Many people think that it is wasteful to spend money on maintaining public libraries because most of their functions can be replaced with computer technology. However, I firmly believe that library should never be disregarded by our society.
On one hand, the development of computer science has brought about lots of benefits to our lives. Anyone could obtain and store a great amount of information online easily instead of going to public libraries to search for them. People can also read books on the move with their mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and so on. Furthermore, people do not have to remember the deadline to return the books.
On the other hand, public libraries still have several advantages over the Internet. First, a library always plays an important role as a reliable learning resource. Indi- viduals could get access to sufficient data for their studies when they use public li- braries. Second, individuals have more chances to make new friends and exchange learning experience when studying in a library. This opportunity can rarely be found on studying in front of a computer.
Compared with only studying via the Internet, students could study in a more quiet and professional environment for academic purposes such as doing researches or graduate thesis.
In conclusion, I believe that both public libraries and computer technology are necessary for people to expand their knowledge. Therefore, public libraries will not disappear or be replaced by computer science in the near future because of their unique features and benefits.
“Anybody can use a mobile phone to answer the work and personal calls at any time or 7 days a week. Does this development have more positive or negative effects on both individuals and society?”
Technology has come such a long way nowadays that people can make use of their mobile phone to answer work or personal calls at any time. Although there are some negative consequences of this development on individuals and society, I believe that they are outweighed by the positive effects.
On the individual aspect, the fact that no work calls are missed could greatly enhance one’s work efficiency. As we are living in the era of globalisation, the international cooperation between companies is common and necessary. Being able to make calls and discuss with business partners regardless of time zones is a great advantage. On a larger scale, this can also contribute to the development of the economy, thus an increase in the living standard. Furthermore, people can benefit from the fact that their beloved ones are available for a call at any time. One could seek help from their friends and family whenever they need, which is especially beneficial in case of emergency. And as the flow of information between people is constant, society will be connected and move forward.
However, the drawbacks of this development should not be overlooked. Being able to answer calls all the time means people have less privacy, even in their own home. It also means that workers have to handle a larger amount of workload and have less quality time for their family. However, the work-life balance could still be maintained by just a simple act of switching off one’s mobile phone whenever they leave the office or do not want to be bothered.
In conclusion, despite a few drawbacks, the use of mobile phones for work and personal calls brings about more benefits to individuals and society.
E. Một số đề bài khác
- “Nowadays, mobile phones and internet have become increasingly important in people’s social life. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?”
- “With the rapid advancement of communication technology, eg smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, some people believe that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?”
- “Some people say that what children watch on TV influences their behaviour while others say the amount of time children they spend watching Tv influences their behavior. Discuss both views and give your opinion”
Dù nói đến chủ đề gì thì hầu hết cách làm bài chung vẫn là nói về hai mặt của vấn đề, vì vậy mà trước khi đưa ra quan điểm của mình, bạn cần nói đến từng vấn đề ở vị thế khách quan, tránh thiên cho bên nào. Phải nhìn một lúc nhiều mặt để có thể khái quát hết được vấn đề, sau đó mới quyết định đưa ra quan điểm của bạn bằng cách nào và dùng những lập luận để bảo vệ nó.