Chủ đề Animal Rights đang bắt đầu xuất hiện nhiều hơn trong các đề thi IELTS khi bắt đầu “dấy” lên nhiều vấn đề trong thời gian gần đây. Bạn có thể “được hỏi” về một số nội dung chính sau đây:
- Ảnh hưởng của việc thử nghiệm trên động vật;
- Nêu thuận lợi và bất lợi của việc xây dựng sở thú (bắt giữ động vật);
- Quan điểm về đạo ăn chay là bảo vệ động vật.
Một lần nữa, DOL khuyên bạn nên suy nghĩ với tư cách là một người công dân để đơn giản hoá ý tưởng về chủ đề này, tức bạn nghĩ nó sai/đúng, lý do tại sao bạn tin như vậy, để dẫn dắt các câu theo mạch logic hơn.
B. Ý tưởng về Advantages/ Positive Effects của Animal Rights
Animal research has played a vital part in nearly every medical breakthrough over the last decade such as blood transfusions or penicillin antibiotics . This does hurt animals, but saving thousands of human lives.
(Những thí nghiệm nghiên cứu trên cơ thể động vật đóng 1 vai trò quan trọng tạo nên những bước đột phá trong lĩnh vực y tế trong suốt 1 thập niên quá như việc truyền máu hay tìm ra thuốc kháng sinh. Mặc dù điều này khiến các con vật đau đớn, nhưng nó đã cứu rất nhiều mạng người.)
The threats to wild animals don’t always directly affect people, but often, they fill a special role in creating environmental balance that we are also part of, and affect other species or plants that we are directly dependent on. Therefore, we should protect them.
(Mặc dù những đe doạ đến động vật hoang dã không luôn luôn ảnh hưởng trực tiếp đến con người , nhưng chúng đóng vai trò quan trọng trong việc tạo ra sự cân bằng môi trường mà chúng ta có một phần vai trò ở trong đó.)
C. Ý tưởng về Disadvantages/ Negative Effects của Animal Rights
Exploiting animals excessively / Animal overexploitation may give rise to the imbalance in the ecosystem.
(Khai thác động vật quá mức có thể làm tăng sự mất cân bằng của hệ sinh thái)
Animal testing/animal research is cruel and inhumane/morally wrong since the lives of all creatures should be respected . It is not fair to put animals’ lives at risk for human purposes.
(Thí nghiệm trên cơ thể động vật là tàn bào và vô nhân tính bởi vì cuộc sống của tất cả các loài sinh vật.
D. Ý tưởng về những xu hướng ra đề Animal Rights và ý kiến về Animal Rights
Arguments for Animal testing
- Animals are used in important scientific research;
- It is necessary to do medical tests on new drugs;
- Animal testing helps to advance medical and scientific knowledge;
- Many important medical discoveries involved experimentation on animals;
- Researchers aim to minimize the suffering that animals experience;
- Testing for the cosmetics industry is now banned in many countries.
Arguments against Animal Testing
- The benefits of research using animals do not justify the suffering caused;
- There are alternative methods of research;
- The lives of animals should be respected;
- Humans have no moral right to do experiments on animals.
Arguments for Vegetarianism
- Vegetarians do not eat foods that are produced by killing animals;
- Many people choose a vegetarian diet for moral or health reasons;
- A healthy diet is possible without eating meat;
- It is unnecessary to kill animal for food;
- A vegetarian diet may reduce the risk of disease like cancer;
- Many people question the treatment of animals in factory farms.
Arguments against Vegetarianism
- Vegetarians do not eat a balanced diet;
- In many cultures, meat is the main ingredient in traditional meals;
- Meat-eaters argue that animals are below humans in the food chain;
- It is completely natural for us to kill them for food;
- Our aim should be improve farming methods;
- Farms should produce organic food.
Positives of Zoos
- Zoos partly an important role in wildlife conservation;
- They can help to protect endangered species;
- Zoos allow scientists to study animals and their behavior;
- Zoos are educational, interesting and fun;
- Children, in particular, enjoy learning about animals;
- Zoos provide job opportunities.
Negatives of Zoos
- Zoo animals are kept in artificial environments;
- They are kept in cages or have limited space;
- Zoo animals rely on humans;
- They lose the freedom to hunt for food;
- They best way to save endangered species is by protecting natural habitats;
- Some people believe that zoos are unethical;
- Zoos exhibits animals with the aim of making money;
- We have no right to use animals for entertainment and profit.
E. Một số đề và bài mẫu về chủ đề Animal Rights
“A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals to satisfy their various needs, including uses for food and research. Discuss both views and give your opinion.”
Some people believe that animals should be treated in the same way humans are and have similar rights, whereas others think that it is more important to use them as we desire for food and medical research. This essay will discuss both points of view.
With regard to the exploitation of animals, people believe it is acceptable for several reasons. Firstly, they think that humans are the most important beings on the planet, and everything must be done to ensure human survival. If this means experimenting on animals so that we can fight and find cures for diseases, then this takes priority over animal suffering. Furthermore, it is believed by some that animals do not feel pain or loss as humans do, so if we have to kill animals for food or other uses, then this is morally acceptable.
However, I do not believe these arguments stand up to scrutiny. To begin, it has been shown on numerous occasions by secret filming in laboratories via animal rights groups that animals feel as much pain as humans do, and they suffer when they are kept in cages for long periods. In addition, a substantial amount of animal research is done for cosmetics, not to find cures for diseases, so this is unnecessary. Finally, it has also been proven that humans can get all the nutrients and vitamins that they need from green vegetables and fruit. Therefore, again, having to kill animals for food is not an adequate argument.
To sum up, although some people argue killing animals for research and food is ethical, I would argue there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate that this is not the case, and, therefore, steps must be taken to improve the rights of animals.
“Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favor of them because of their benefits to humanity. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.”
Animal testing is important for medical and scientific purposes. While some people are of the opinion that testing on animals is completely wrong, others opine that this is necessary for human safety. It is vital to discuss both views before forming a personal idea.
On the one hand, animal experimentation has its own benefits. Firstly, many special medical discoveries involved animal testing. Before providing new products or medicines to societies, those products must be tested to endorse their safety to humans. Secondly, doing experiments on animals gives researchers knowledge about them and their behaviors. Moreover, scientists can diminish the negative consequences that animals experience. Thus, this method is significant to save people from suffering risks of some new drugs.
On the other hand, testing on animals is dangerous. The lives of animals should be respected because this can result in the extinction of some species. In some countries, for example, animal testing is now banned. If people keep using them for medical and scientific reasons, some day there will be no more animals to do so. Besides, there are alternative approaches to endorse drugs. With many effective innovations in science and technology, it is possible for scientists to create and invent new methods to test the safety of products. Furthermore, humans have no right to do experiments on animals. For instance, in many cultures, some animals are their main symbols and belief. Using them for any purpose can be contradict to their rules.Therefore, animal experimentations can be harmful to wildlife.
In conclusion, it seems to me that endorsing products by using such method can be positive as well as negative. Hence, this approach should be regulated and governments should ban dangerous experiments as they can destroy the natural environment.
Điều bây giờ bạn cần làm là triển khai thêm các ý tưởng nhỏ và thử đưa ra thêm một vài lập luận và dẫn chứng trong thực tế để làm rõ các luận điểm mà DOL ENGLISH đã gợi ý bên trên. Vậy là chủ đề này đã được đơn giản hoá đi rất nhiều rồi phải không nào? Hãy bắt đầu luyện tập ngay thôi nhé!