Như đã đề cập, chủ đề Crime – Tội phạm được đánh giá là một trong những câu hỏi hóc búa nhất đối với thí sinh. Một số các vấn đề bạn có thể gặp như:
- Ưu và nhược điểm của việc trừng phạt kẻ phạm tội;
- Quan điểm về việc cải tạo cho người phạm tội;
- Ảnh hưởng của việc bắt giam người phạm tội đến xã hội.
Với chủ đề Tội phạm (Crime), bạn nên đứng cả về khía cạnh của xã hội, hoặc bản thân người phạm tội, hoặc nữa là bản thân của chính bạn – Tại sao bạn ý thức được rằng mình không nên làm những điều sai trái. Từ đấy, bạn sẽ cảm thấy dễ dàng hơn để phát triển các ý tưởng nhỏ cho một luận điểm lớn. Đừng lo, DOL đã tổng hợp tất cả các trường hợp phổ biến nhất mà bạn có thể xoay sở khi đối mặt với chủ đề này cho bạn ngay bên dưới rồi đây. Cùng tham khảo xem nhé!
B. Các ý tưởng chính để triển khai chủ đề Crime
Police and Crime Prevention
- The job of the policy is to catch criminals;
- They must also prevent crime and make communities safer;
- There should be an increase in the number of police officers on the streets;
- Police officers should be seen as part of the community;
- They should be involved with education and prevention;
- The police should be in close contact with schools;
- They should focus on young people who have dropped out of school.;
- These teenagers may become involved with gangs.
- Fines are used as punishment for minor crimes;
- If the crime is more serious, prison is the most common punishment;
- Some criminals pose a threat to society;
- They are put in prison to ensure the safety of other citizens.
Negatives of Prisons
- Criminals are put together;
- They make friends with other offenders;
- Many prisoners re-offend when they are released;
- A criminal record makes finding a job more difficult.
- Another aim of prisons is rehabilitation;
- Prisoners receive education of vocational training;
- Prisoners should learn personal skills and specific job skills;
- Punishment could make prisoners’ behavior worse;
- Rehabilitation aims to make them better citizens;
- Rehabilitated prisoners are less likely to re-offend.
- Supporters say that capital punishment deters crime;
- Fear of the death penalty stops people from committing offences;
- The death penalty shows that crime is not tolerated;
- It is a form of revenge;
- The cost of imprisonment is avoided;
- The offender cannot pose a threat to others.
Against Capital Punishment
- Innocent people could be wrongly convicted and executed;
- Crime rates are not necessarily reduced;
- Many criminals do not think they will be caught;
- Capital punishment is not a good deterrent;
- Executing prisoners creates a violent culture and encourages revenge;
- We have no right to take another human life.
- Community service is a way to reform offenders;
- It could be a solution to prison overcrowding;
- It avoids the cost of imprisonment;
- It makes offenders useful in their local communities;
- They are required to clean streets or talk to school groups;
- Offenders repay their community;
- They avoid the negative influence that prison can have.
Against community service
- Community service is not a sufficient punishment;
- Criminals should be locked up, away from their victims.
Crime in the Media
- Crime is one of the main subjects of most news programs;
- The mass media focus on violent and sensational crimes;
- This lead to fear of crime among the public;
- Sensational stories attract more viewers or readers;
- The media report crime stories in order to increase their audience.
C. Từ vựng và ngữ pháp nổi bật
Nếu bạn đang tìm kiếm câu trả lời cho những câu hỏi commit a crime là gì? hate crime là gì? thì hãy cũng xem đáp án ở phía dưới này nhé!
- criminals = offenders = people who commit a crime = people who commit an offence = people who engage in criminal activities = people who take part in illegal acts: người phạm tội/ tham gia vào các hoạt động phạm tội;
- minor crime = lesser crime = petty crime: tội nhẹ, không nghiêm trọng;
- major crime = serious crime: tội nặng, nghiêm trọng;
- impose stricter punishments on… = impose heavier sentences on…: áp đặt mức phạt nặng nề hơn lên… ;
- receive capital punishment = receive the death penalty = receive a death sentence = face execution: lãnh án tử hình;
- receive prison sentences = be sent to prison = be put in prison: lãnh án tù, bị đi tù;
- face life imprisonment = serve a life sentence: lãnh án tù chung thân;
- reoffend = commit crimes again = continue to commit crime after being punished: tái phạm;
- juvenile crimes = juvenile delinquency = juvenile offending = youth crimes = crimes among young adults: tội phạm vị thành viên;
- pose a serious threat to society = threaten the safety of society = put society in danger: gây ra mối nguy hiểm cho xã hội/ đe dọa sự an toàn của xã hội;
- tackle = solve = address = deal with = combat: giải quyết;
- solution = approach = measure: giải pháp;
- prevent somebody from… = deter somebody from: ngăn chặn ai đó khỏi….;
- crime rates = crime levels: tỷ lệ/mức độ tội phạm;
- be given the chance to… = be given the opportunity to…: được trao cơ hội làm gì;
- urgent problem = pressing problem = grave problem: vấn đề khẩn cấp/nghiêm trọng;
- the increased use of drugs and alcohol = alcohol and drug abuse: việc lạm dụng chất kích thích;
- turn to illegal acts to generate income = commit crimes to earn money: phạm tội để kiếm tiền;
- the major/primary/principal cause of… = the major/primary/principal reason for…: nguyên nhân chính gây ra vấn đề gì;
- raise awareness of crime prevention = promote crime prevention programs: nâng cao ý thức về việc ngăn chặn tội phạm/ đẩy mạnh các chương trình ngăn chặn tội phạm.
D. Một số đề mẫu của chủ đề Crime
“Crime is a big problem in the world; many believe that nothing can be done to prevent it. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.”
Crime is unquestionably one of the most prevailing and worrying aspects in any society, and its prevention should be taken seriously. Crime prevention can be executed in various ways, firstly through a sustained honest presence in the community and secondly through international cooperation.
A local presence by incorruptible law enforcement authorities may be costly, however, the long-term investment would pay dividends in the future. A safer region would encourage trade, investment and set an invaluable example for younger generations. For example, crime has dramatically been reduced in the Favelas around Rio de Janiero in Brazil. This was achieved largely through the government committing large funds of money to stationing police headquarters in and around the slums. These financial expenditures greatly benefited the community.
Secondly, due to the large-scale severity and the global impact that crime has in some areas of the world, global cooperation is critical. Operating in a different way would incur significant financial losses and render any expenditure futile. For example, Somalian pirates in Africa have reigned terror amongst many ocean transport companies in the area. Only through large-scale international cooperation was policing the area possible. Therefore, crime reduction can be attributed to a joint effort between countries.
To conclude, illegal activities are a costly and dangerous fact in the present global economy; however, through large-scale government investment prevention is an attainable goal. Also, spreading the expense through international cooperation the resources invested can be significantly more effective in reducing criminals’ effectiveness abroad.
“Crime is a problem all over the world and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. Agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.”
Crime is one of the major issues that all the countries have been facing recently. Some people believe that there is nothing that can be done to prevent crime. I completely disagree with this opinion and feel that crime rate can be controlled with appropriate measures.
On one side of the argument, there are some people who believe that crime cannot be regulated. According to them, criminals prevail all over the world and they try to commit various illegal activities. No matter how many prevention measures are taken by the individuals and the government, several people make their daily living through activities like robbery, theft, murder, hate crimes, and others.
On the other hand, there are people who argue that crime can be prevented. The government needs to frame strict rules to control crime. Also, there should be fear of punishment. For example, the crime in the US is just 2% whereas in Somalia it is 50% and the main reason is strict rules in the US. Apart from the government, individuals can contribute to preventing crime through strict family values and monitoring their children on a daily basis. Thus it cannot go without saying that crime cannot be prevented.
After having discussed the pertinent points related to the issue, I feel that the only logical conclusion is that crime can be prevented through appropriate action by the government and individuals.
“Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?”
It is true that some criminals commit crimes again after they have been punished. While there are several reasons for this alarming trend, some effective measures can be taken by governments to tackle this problem.
There are two main reasons for re-offenders. Firstly, the prison system can make the situation worse. Criminals put together in prison and they make friends with other offenders. While they are locked up in prison, they do not have much to do there, and they would exchange information about what they have done before they came to the prison or they may plan crimes with other inmates. Secondly, offenders often do not have any other means of earning money. They are poor, uneducated and lacking skills needed to maintain a job. Also, a criminal record makes finding a job difficult as people usually avoid hiring people with criminal background.
To solve this problem, governments should focus on rehabilitation of criminals rather than punishment. Above all, prisons need vocational training which allows inmates to prepare for life outside the prison. They can learn practical skills such as computer programming, car maintenance and graphic design. In this way, they can be hired for a position that requires this certain knowledge and skills. Community service is another way to reform offenders. Rather than being locked up in prison with other inmates, offenders can help society and become useful to their local community, and these activities would eliminate the negative influence that prisons can have.
In conclusion, it is true the recidivism is one of the problems for our community; it can be solved by focusing on rehabilitation rather than punishment itself.
Dạng đề này tuy không quá bao quát, tuy nhiên nó thử thách bạn ở việc sử dụng từ ngữ làm sao cho logic và vẫn đa dạng về mặt cấu trúc, nếu không, bài viết của bạn sẽ trở nên khô khan và đơn điệu khi lặp đi lặp lại chỉ một vài từ quen thuộc nào đó. Hãy tập luyện kết hợp các mẫu câu cho thuần thục để làm phong phú bài viết và gây ấn tượng cho người đọc nhé.