Đây là một nhánh nhỏ trong chủ đề lớn là Crime (IELTS Writing Task 2 – Chủ đề Crime, tuy nhiên để ghi được band điểm cao và làm rõ các ý tưởng trong bài viết, bạn cần phải nắm được một số đại ý cũng như các từ vựng, cấu trúc câu của dạng đề này. Dưới đây là một số nội dung bạn có thể gặp phải như:
- Quan điểm về việc sở hữu súng/vũ khí;
- Quan điểm về việc cảnh sát sử dụng súng/vũ khí;
- Ảnh hưởng của vũ khí hạt nhân;
- Vai trò của lực lượng vũ trang đối với một quốc gia.
B. Các ý tưởng có thể triển khai cho chủ đề Guns and Weapons
Why Guns should be Legal
- In some countries, people are allowed to own firearms;
- Individuals have the right to protect themselves;
- People can use guns in self-defense;
- This deters criminals.
Why Gun Ownership should be illegal
- There is a risk of accidents with guns;
- The number of violent crimes increases when guns are available;
- Criminals may be armed;
- The police then need to use guns;
- Suicide rates have been shown to rise when guns are available;
- Guns create violent societies with high murder rates.
Why the Police should Use Guns
- Many criminals use weapons;
- The threat of a gun can deter criminals;
- Police officers can force a criminal to surrender;
- It is easier to arrest someone and avoid physical violence;
- The police may shoot violent criminals in self defence;
- They can protect the public;
- They can shoot an escaping criminal who poses a serious danger to the public.
Why the Police should not Carry Guns
- There is a risk of accidents and mistakes;
- The police might shoot an unarmed criminal or an innocent person;
- Accidents can happen in public places;
- There are several alternatives to guns (e.g. tear gas, sprays and electric shock weapons);
- Only special police units should use guns.
Arm Trade: Positives
- The export of arms, or weapons, is an extremely controversial issue;
- Governments of rich, industrialized countries sell arms to each other;
- This industry creates jobs and wealth;
- The trade of weapons may improve relationships between governments.
Arms Trade: Negatives
- Weapons may be used in conflicts and wars;
- The supply of arms could be responsible for deaths;
- Governments are promoting war in order to make a profit;
- Rich countries can influence the politics of other nations.
- Nuclear weapons are capable of destroying whole cities;
- A nuclear war between two countries would destroy both countries;
- Nuclear weapons are used as a deterrent;
- They prevent wars from starting.
Nuclear Weapons: Opinion
- Nuclear weapons should be prohibited;
- Governments should limit the production of nuclear weapons;
- There is a danger of nuclear weapons being obtained by terrorists;
- Nuclear weapons cannot be used against terrorist organizations.
Armed Forces: Positives
- Armed forces provide security and protection;
- They deter military attack by another country;
- They can also be sued to maintain peace within countries;
- They can be sued to give the police extra support;
- Soldiers are also used to help in emergency situations, such as after a natural disaster.
Armed Forces: Negatives
- Armies require a lot of funding from governments;
- Too much money is spent on weapons and military technology;
- This money could be spent on schools, hospitals and other public services.
Từ vựng chủ đề IELTS Writing task 2 Guns and Weapons
- General of the Air Force: Đại tướng Không quân;
- General of the Army: Đại tướng Lục quân;
- General staff: bộ tổng tham mưu;
- Genocide: tội diệt chủng;
- Grenade: lựu đạn;
- Ground forces: lục quân;
- Guerrilla: du kích, quân du kích;
- Guerrilla warfare: chiến tranh du kích;
- Guided missile: tên lửa điều khiển;
- Heavy-armed: được trang bị vũ khí nặng (heavy artillery: trọng pháo);
- Heliport: sân bay dành cho máy bay lên thẳng;
- Improvised Explosive Device (IED): bom gây nổ tức thì . . . mìn tự kích nổ;
- Insurgency: tình trạng nổi dậy, tình trạng nổi loạn …sự nổi dậy, sự nổi loạn;
- Intelligence bureau/ intelligence department: vụ tình báo;
- Interception: đánh chặn;
- Jet plane: máy bay phản lực;
- Land force: lục quân;
- Landing craft: tàu đổ bộ, xuồng đổ bộ;
- Landing troops: quân đổ bộ;
- Liaison officer: sĩ quan liên lạc;
- Lieutenant Colonel (Commander in Navy): Trung tá;
- Lieutenant General: Trung tướng;
- Lieutenant–Commander (Navy): thiếu tá hải quân;
- Line of march: đường hành quân;
- Major (Lieutenant Commander in Navy): Thiếu tá;
- Major General: Thiếu tướng;
- Master sergeant …first sergeant: trung sĩ nhất;
- Mercenary: lính đánh thuê;
- Military attaché: tùy viên quân sự;
- Military base: căn cứ quân sự.
C. Các dạng đề mẫu chủ đề Guns and Weapons
“Individuals should not be allowed to carry guns as it increases the crime and violence in the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?”
In many countries, laws are quite flexible to let ordinary individuals carry firearms while in many other countries it is quite hard to get a license, even for a notable person, to own a gun. It is often said that when a state or country allows its citizens to carry weapons, the crime and violence rates increase there and I quite agree with this statement.
First, guns are meant to shot someone either to wound or kill him. Thus the very objective of a gun is to kill a person and thus this deathly weapon can only increase the crime and violence in a society. To understand how the mass ownership of guns can increase the violence in a country we can compare a country like the USA, where carrying a gun is allowed, with a country like Japan, where it is restricted. In 2014, when the United States experienced over 18,000 gun-related homicides, Japan had only 14 and this is quite an alarming comparison that reveals how firearms ownership by mass people can increase violence in a country.
Second, research indicates that owning and carrying a gun can psychologically affect our behaviours and thus people often commit crimes only because they have guns with them. Thus letting people carry guns puts others life in risk rather than ensuring safety. Accidental, psychological, and family violence gunshot wounds and death are quite high in many countries, especially where people can carry guns with them, and the only way to reduce such crime rate is to restrict the ownership of guns.
In conclusion, the only reason the authority would permit someone to carry a gun is to ensure the safety of this person. However, the reality is quite contrary and allowing people to carry guns is actually letting criminals also won it. Thus there is no doubt that people in a country should not be allowed to carry firearms and restricting it would significantly decrease the crime and violence.
”Some people say that gun weapon must be legal for protecting themselves whereas other people reject it. Which one you agree or disagree and give the reasons.“
Gun weapon seem like side coins that bring negative or positive effect. Some people prefer bring their own firearms for safety. Although, others are tightened by people who bring gun weapon. I personally believe that both have some reasons. Whereas, some people reject this regulation because they think that only police who have regulation to use weapon. I am personally convinced that both of them have some reasons.
To begin with, people are allowed to own firearm such as in America and Australia. Moreover, having weapons mean that people having the right to protect themselves. Thus, by having weapon, people can use it in self defenses. As we remembered, we shock with a headline new when the guy who shooted in cinema after he suicide, this condition triggered some people to have their own weapon and protect their selves. Certainly, this defers criminals because all criminal will think twice before doing bad things while see other citizen bring weapon.
Nevertheless, some people ask government to make regulation that weapon in illegal. Furthermore the number of violent crimes increases when weapons are available. Besides, there is a risk of accidents with guns that triggered criminals. More is over, only police who allow using weapons related their job and responsibility. Perhaps, having gun will create violent societies with big murder rates. In other words, suicide rates have been shown to rise when guns are available.
From my point of views, I firmly believe that legal weapon may influence more negative effect even bring self defense. In my opinion, according to Harvard Medical Research, number of suicide has been increased three times in people who have their own weapons. Others, the percentage of crimes increase to the higher number because of the weapon’s own ship. The government must have straight regulation of weapons to their citizen.
To sum up, I do agree if citizen should not have their own weapons, whatever the reasons. After all, the government decides important rules to their citizen safety.
Các dạng đề khác
- Unlike other countries, police in UK do not carry guns. Some think it leaves citizen unprotected, other think it reduce the overall violence in the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- In some countries, the number of shooting massacres is on the rise because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Some people think that policeman should be armed.Others prefer the police to remain unarmed.Discuss both points of view and give your opinion.
DOL biết là chủ đề này dù đưa cho bạn hàng trăm, hàng ngàn ý tưởng hay từ vựng, cấu trúc siêu đẳng thì cũng rất khó để bạn “tiếp nhận” được 100% chủ đề này trong khoảng thời gian ngắn. Bạn nên chia nhỏ phần trong chủ đề này để học dần dần, cũng như học thêm từ các bài đọc IELTS để hiểu hơn và biết cách kết nối các ý tưởng với nhau nhé.