Phát triển cá nhân là một chủ đề cũng khá phổ biến trong các đề thi IELTS Speaking, nhưng vẫn ở mức cơ bản nhất, do đó từ vựng và ý tưởng cũng không đòi hỏi quá nhiều. Tuy nhiên, đối với một bài thi IELTS Writing Task 2 thì nhiều bạn sẽ cảm thấy “mông lung” vì những yêu cầu nâng cao hơn trong việc lập luận logic. Bạn sẽ thường thấy một số nội dung chính sau đây:
- Sự hạnh phúc;
- Sự thành công;
- Bản chất hay sự nuôi dưỡng.
Vậy chúng ta phát triển ý tưởng như thế nào với chủ đề này? Cùng xem qua một vài gợi ý nổi bật nhất nhé.
B. Các ý tưởng có thể triển khai trong chủ đề Personal Development
- Happiness means different things to different people;
- It can be described as a feeling of pleasure or enjoyment;
- People enjoy spending time with family and friends;
- Hobbies, sports and games can be a source of fun and enjoyment;
- Some people see money as a source of happiness;
- Other people define happiness as something deeper;
- In order to be truly happy it is necessary to live a good life;
- We need to feel that we are doing something useful with our lives;
- Some people get a sense of achievement from their work;
- Others find happiness in bringing up their children;
- Religion or a sense of purpose can also be a source of happiness.
- People define success in different ways;
- Some people get a sense of achievement from raising a family;
- For others, success is defined by wealth or status;
- We often think of rich and famous people as being successful in life;
- Millionaires like Bill Gates are considered to be successful;
- They have risen to the top in their chosen professions;
- For some, being successful means achieving personal or professional goals;
- They see success as the result of hard work;
- Success in any field requires long-term planning and effort.
Nature or Nurture
- Some people believe that our personalities are determined mainly by genetics;
- We inherit our abilities and talents from our parents;
- Others think that our education and upbringing are more important;
- We develop according to the influences around us;
- Our personalities and achievements depend more on nurture than nature;
- Many people argue that we control our own destinies;
- We can shape our own personalities;
- By working hard we can achieve the goal that we put our minds to;
- Many successful people are self-made;
- We are not limited by our genetic characteristic or upbringing.
C. Một số đề mẫu về Personal Development
“Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life. Which do you consider to be the major influence?”
Personality development is definitely an interesting yet complicated topic to explore. Amongst the heated debates on whether inherited characteristics or life experience is the most critical contributing factor to this development, my personal sentiments are on par with the idea that the great importance of life experience outweighs its counterparts.
Genetic programming, admittedly, plays an important role in shaping one’s personality. For instance, unlike his family members, a neighbour of mine is born to be rude and he always fails to take other’s feeling into account. Thus, nothing but inherit attributes could explain this development. Nevertheless, this can never undermine the solid correlations between this development and life experience.
By contrast, life experience such as receiving education could instill people with high moral standards and therefore alter one’s personality. My young cousin, who was caught by his father for his robbery behaviour as an ample example, rectified his misconduct and develops a high degree of honesty as well as integrity after receiving proper values inculcation. This makes apparent that personality can be changed throughout life lessons.
Further, critical events can also shape one’s personality. Jacqueline, another friend of mine, was undoubtedly an extrovert girl whereas hardly could she stop from talking to others even for an hour. However, she was turned to be an introvert person and has refused to communicate with virtually everyone after the death of her parents because of the car accident 2 years before. Thus, critical event is in no doubt being able to alter one’s personality abruptly.
To sum up, although inherit characteristic do shape one’s personality, the influence on one’s personality development by life experiences is obviously outweighs that by its counterparts.
“Personal Development is the base for professional development and advancing in one’s career. To what extent do you agree or disagree?”
It is irrefutable fact that personal development is a key element for career development and progress in the job. I personally believe with the statement and this essay will elaborate two main reasons in further paragraphs with a logical conclusion.
To begin with, personal development helps people to develop the vision in each area. People with standard personal development will choose right way in the workplace, which makes their work notable. Such development not only ensures the right vision towards life and career but also enhance the possibilities of promotion with mouth-watering salary. Hence, it is needless to say the personal development is the base factor of developing the professional career.
In another hand, people with low personal development will fail to perform in the workplace due to the several reasons. Firstly, they are unable to have the commanding power of team and people will not obey them. This will lead people towards the dire consequences. Secondly, such people will be a character of joke and face bully in the workplace. For instance, a survey done by Sydney University shows that 75% people who are pray to bully have defect personalities.
In conclusion, this essay discussed the importance of personal development in professional development and improving careers. Thus, I believe without personalities people will be unable to perform well in life and workplace.
Đây cũng là một trong top các chủ đề phổ biến nhất trong 24 đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2, tuy nhiên việc đưa ra ý tưởng cũng không quá khó khăn một khi bạn đã hiểu được dạng đề, điều thách thức duy nhất là bạn phải kết hợp từ vựng nâng cao và cấu trúc câu phức tạp hơn một cách linh hoạt để đạt được band điểm cao trong kỳ thi nhé.