Các ý tưởng có thể triển khai cho chủ đề Work
Chủ đề Work có thể đi cùng với nhiều đề tài khác nhau, nhưng chủ yếu có những đề tài cơ bản để bạn có thể gói gọn vấn đề ôn luyện:
The Benefits of Staying in the Same Job for Life
- Employees have a stable career with one employer;
- They have a good pension and health insurance;
- Their salaries gradually increase;
- They may be promoted within the organization;
- They demonstrate loyalty;
- Experienced staff can be trusted with more responsibility;
- They become part of a team;
- There is a clearly-defined path for development.
The Benefits of not Staying in the Same Job
- People often change jobs in order to further their career;
- Another company may offer a promotion or a higher salary;
- People who change jobs can gain more experience;
- They can learn different skills;
- Changing jobs is interesting and challenging;
- People can retrain in a different occupation;
- In a fast-changing world, workers need to be flexible;
- People need to develop a wider range of experience and skills.
- Nowadays, it is easy to set up a company;
- The internet provides a global marketplace;
- Self-employment offers greater freedom than working for a company;
- However, there are risks to starting a new business;
- Self-employed people may face financial difficulties;
- Many businesses fail to make a profit;
- There is less stability in self-employment;
- There are no benefits like pensions, sick pay and holiday pay;
- Self-employment involves hard work, long hours and total responsibility.
- Unemployment is a big problem for individuals, communities and the society;
- Some people are unable to find a job;
- They may not have the sufficient level of education or qualifications;
- They may find themselves homeless;
- Unemployment causes frustration and stress;
- Jobless people may become involved in crime as a means to get money;
- The unemployed need career advice;
- Governments need to provide vocational courses and retraining.
Unemployment Benefits: Positives
- Some governments pay unemployment benefits in order to help jobless people;
- Unemployed people need financial support until they find a new job;
- By claiming benefits, they can continue to pay for their major life expenses;
- The benefits system helps to reduce poverty, homelessness and crime.
Unemployment Benefits: Negatives
- Some people claim benefits rather than working;
- They become dependent on the government;
- They are not motivated to find a job;
- The benefits system is a burden on tax payers;
- All citizens should work to make a living and support themselves;
- Receiving benefits affects people’s self-esteem.
- It is important to achieve a balance between work time and leisure or family time;
- Too much work can result in stress and poor health;
- Workaholics may neglect their families and friends;
- People need to take regular holidays;
- Companies should expect employees to work overtime;
- Nowadays, many people work part-time or have flexible working hours;
- Technology allows people to work from home, telecommuting is possible;
- Many companies provide childcare facilities;
- Striking a balance between a good life and a good work can raise job satisfaction;
- Happy, healthy workers are more productive.
Technology and Work
- The internet, fax and mobile phone technologies have revolutionized working life;
- Workers can communicate via email, online networks and video conferencing;
- Technology can connect workers in different countries from around the world;
- It gives people more freedom;
- It can also save time, energy and money;
- Some people believe that offices could disappear in the future;
- Virtual online offices may replace them.
- In some countries, children are exploited;
- They do boring and repetitive jobs for very low pay;
- Children are often used in agriculture and factory work;
- The employment of children is prohibited in other countries;
- Many people think that children should be free to enjoy their childhood;
- Governments should make education a priority;
- They should build new schools;
- They should supply the necessary resources to educate children;
- Children need to be given the knowledge and skills for adult life.
Các từ vựng và cấu trúc nổi bật:
- Labour productivity: Năng suất lao động;
- Unemployment benefits: Trợ cấp thất nghiệp;
- To acquire experience/knowledge/skill: Có được kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng;
- Put knowledge gained into practice: Áp dụng kiến thức đã học vào thực tế;
- Minimum wage: Lương tối thiểu;
- To job-share: Chia sẻ công việc;
- Flexible working hours: Thời gian làm việc linh hoạt;
- Health and safety in the workplace: Sức khoẻ và an toàn nơi làm việc;
- Working mothers: Những bà mẹ làm việc;
- To take early retirement: Nghỉ hưu sớm;
- A retirement package: Chế độ hưu trí;
- Holiday entitlement: Số ngày nghỉ phép;
- Sick leave: Nghỉ ốm;
- Annual leave: Kỳ nghỉ hằng năm;
- Job prospect: Triển vọng công việc;
- Promotion opportunities: Cơ hội thăng tiến;
- To move up the career ladder: Tiến xa hơn trong con đường sự nghiệp;
- To pursue successful career: Theo đuổi sự nghiệp thành đạt;
- To take a career break: Nghỉ việc một thời gian (sẽ quay lại);
- To have no career ambitions: Không có tham vọng trong sự nghiệp;
- Job satisfaction: Sự hài lòng trong công việc;
- Working environment: Môi trường làm việc;
- Supportive work colleagues: Đồng nghiệp nhiệt tình hỗ trợ;
- To be a good team player: Làm việc nhóm tốt;
- A heavy workload: Khối lượng công việc lớn;
- Labour-intensive: Cần nhiều lao động;
- An internship: Kỳ thực tập;
- A desk job: Công việc văn phòng;
- To have a steady job: Có công việc ổn định;
- To dismiss sb from sth: Sa thải ai đó khỏi cái gì.
B. Một số đề mẫu chủ đề Work
“In education and employment, some people work harder than others. Why do some people work harder? Is it always a good thing to work hard?”
It is true that some people work hard and put strenuous efforts and are more workaholics in comparison to other other people of society.Although it can be useful to achieve your desired dreams and goals, but at the same time also have negative effects on your health and social life.
Personally , i believe that hard work can shape our personalities ,minds and fulfills our dreams in different perspective of life. for example we can live luxury life through success of hard work and can be a role model in our society and family.
Whereas, excess of anything is also bad and harmful too. it can weaken our stamina and body can suffer from various health problems. Moreover,continuous doing hard work can make person introvert and sense of anxiety and panic attacks arise for not becoming a loser.
To conclude, i partially agree with the above statement that success can be achieved through setting goals and hard work. but it is necessary to work smarter sometime. one should maintain work life balance and set appropriate boundaries to look carefully on career and position that will allow him/her to enjoy within those limits.
“People should work a fixed number of hours per week , and employee should not ask anybody to work more than this.”
Jobs are the basic need of people to survive happily in this world . In some situation the jobs could be very miserable for the employees especially if it is not properly managed by the employers.That is why it is always argued that the there should be certain working hours weekly for all the staff and I firmly agree with this point of suggestion.
First and foremost, more or less every human have limited mental and physical working energy . After a certain period of time if the energy is consumed more it could be very harmful for the health.So , it is quite wise to allocate the specific time duration to all the employees to work properly and healthy . Too much exposure to work could definitely destroy their health and performance . If the high management ask for more work after the working hours there are definite chances that the employers will not get the desired result.
Furthermore, if the staff is trained from the beginning to work in a specific time it could be the best practice of time management. Consequently, the people would cope with the targeted work more efficiently and nicely . So it is highly recommended to the employers to give them specific time for the best staff training because if the people think that they are asked to stay more even after the working hours may be they show laziness in the work.
Moreover, it is absolutely necessary for every human to spend some quality time with the family. So , if the people is not overburdened at work place after the working hours . This precious time could be spent more constructively with the families .So by mutual understanding of employee and employer a healthy environment could be built .
In conclusion , I am totally convinced with the certain working hours suggestion because it has not only tremendously beneficial for people but also marvelous impact on office performance .
“People tend to work longer hours nowadays. Working long hours has a negative effect on themselves their families and the society so working hours should be restricted. Do you agree or disagree?”
Working longer hours is getting more common in today’s society. I personally believe that this trend not only has a severe impact on the workers themselves, but also on their families and the community as a whole. Therefore, I totally agree with the idea of limiting working hours.
A few decades ago, a person normally worked an average of eight hours per day. Average daily working hours in recent years, however, have significantly increased to ten or even fourteen. This, in my opinion, adversely affects employees’ health and productivity. For example, people who spend longer at work are more likely to suffer from various health issues, ranging from fatigue to more serious problems like anxiety disorders or even stroke . Failing health leads to more sick leave , poor work performance and low productivity. My cousin is a case in point. Working nearly twelve hours on a daily basis, he frequently feels exhausted and makes more errors at work than he used to.
I also think that extended hours of work has serious consequences for families and communities . At the family level, busy working schedules prevent people from taking frequent family trips or even just having meals together. Relationships among members are greatly weakened if they cannot make time for each other. In terms of community life, overworked people do not devote time to voluntary activity that brings benefits for their society. My uncle, for example, hardly has time for local community service projects such as conservation work or working with a charity because he works more than sixty hours per week.
In conclusion, I would argue that working time should be reduced since the frequency of long working hours exerts an adverse effect on employees, their family bonds and their community.
Một số đề khác
- “More and more companies are allowing employees to work from home. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?”
- “As life expectancy is increasing, people work after retirement with pay. Alternatively, some people start to work at a young age. Are these positive or negative impacts”
- “Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?”
Hãy luyện tập Linear Thinking để làm thử những dạng đề thế này trước, bạn sẽ tìm ra cách để xuất ý tưởng nhanh chóng mà chuẩn hơn bao giờ hết. Chuẩn bị trước về vấn đề tinh thần mới là yếu tố quan trọng hơn tất cả, DOL sẽ giúp bạn bằng những phương pháp đơn giản nhất giúp bạn tự tin với những đề bài của IELTS. Chúc bạn thành công.
Tìm hiểu kỹ hơn: Giới thiệu về phương pháp Tư Duy Tuyến Tính – Linearthinking