Với chủ đề này, thông thường đề sẽ yêu cầu bạn đưa ra nguyên nhân các vấn đề toàn cầu, rồi từ đó đề xuất phương cách để giải quyết vấn đề đó. Một số nội dung chính có thể xuất hiện khi nói về chủ đề này như:
- Những vấn đề đang tồn tại ở các nước đang phát triển;
- Cách giúp đỡ những nước đang phát triển;
- Ảnh hưởng của việc di cư đến sự phát triển của một quốc gia;
- Ảnh hưởng của xã hội đa văn hoá đến sự phát triển của một quốc gia;
- Ảnh hưởng của sự toàn cầu hoá.
Với chủ đề này, bạn có thể liên kết với nhiều chủ đề nhỏ khác như Water, Environment,… để kết hợp việc sử dụng từ vựng trong các chủ đề một cách tự nhiên, vừa giúp bạn tiết kiệm được thời gian học. Cùng điểm qua những ý tưởng chính cho chủ đề này gồm có những gì nhé!
Bạn có thể tham khảo chủ đề: IETLS Writing Task 2 – Chủ đề Gender
B. Các ý tưởng có thể triển khai trong chủ đề Global Issues
- The industrial revolution in modern times has led to an increased release of gases into the atmosphere
- Population explosion has resulted in excessive dependence on fossil fuels
- Deforestation done by humans has resulted in huge loss of trees
- The ozone layer is depleted from many parts of the earth
- Conserving the forest area by implementing strict norms and encouraging to plant more tree
Eating local food
- Foods from other cities or other countries usually travel long distances before reaching customers
- Without exotic foods from far away, consumers are restrained to local produce which is often seasonal and lacks diversity.
- The domination of food in the local market will make customers will fall victim to price inflation
- The consumption of local products can reduce food miles and therefore cut down on carbon footprint
- The local economy will be boosted greatly
The use of alternative sources
- Fossil fuel is not eco-friendly and its usage comes with huge environmental costs
- The demand for fuels is rapidly increasing
- The stock of fossil fuel is limited
- Green energy like wind and solar energy is renewable
- Alternative sources of power could save the planet from the disaster of global warming
- Immigrants contribute by paying taxes and buying products from locals
- Immigration helps create cultural diversity
- A high immigration rate would create unemployment for the locals
- Immigration may also lead to a loss of cultural heritage for countries
C. Một số đề mẫu của chủ đề Global Issues
“Differences between countries become less evident each year. Nowadays, all over the world people share the same fashions, advertising, brands, eating habits and TV channels. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this?”
It is undoubtedly the case that the world today has become a global village. One of the effects of this is that increasingly people in all corners of the world are exposed to similar services and products and adopt similar habits. My view is that this is largely a beneficial process and in this essay I will explain why.
The first point to make is that there are some downsides to this process of cultural globalisation, but these are relatively minor. The most significant of these disadvantages is that it can weaken national culture and traditions. For example, if people watch films and television programmes produced in the United States, sometimes they adopt aspects of the lifestyle of the American characters they see on television. Typically, however, this only affects minor details such as clothing and does not seriously threaten national identity.
When we turn to the other side of the argument, there are two major points to make in favour of this process. The first of these is that the more we share habits, products and services, the better we understand each other and this reduces prejudice against other nations. The other point relates to modernity. It is a sign of progress in a society that people no longer are restricted to brands and advertisements from their own society but are able to access more international goods. If, for example, there were unable to drink Coca Cola or wear Nike, then that would mean their society was not part of the international community.
In conclusion, I understand the point of view of people who worry about cultural globalisation because it is a threat to national traditions. However, this is outweighed by its positive impact on international understanding and the fact that it represents progress within a society.
“Global warming is one of the biggest threats humans face in the 21st Century and sea levels are continuing to rise at alarming rates.”
“Climate change is among the principal dangers facing people this century and ocean levels are increasing dramatically. This essay will first suggest that the biggest problem caused by this phenomenon is the flooding of homes and then submit building flood protection as the most viable solution.
The foremost problem caused by sea levels creeping up is the flooding of peoples’ residences. Millions of people all over the world live in coastal areas and if the sea rises by even a few feet, they will be inundated with water and lose their property. Shelter is one of the most basic of human needs and widespread flooding would cause millions of people to become homeless, not to mention losing all of their possessions. The devastation brought about by this was clear for all to see during the 2011 Tsunami in Japan, in which millions of people were displaced.
A possible solution to this problem would be to build flood barriers. Flood defences, such as dikes, dams and floodgates, could be built along coasts and waterways, thereby stopping the water reaching populated areas. The Netherlands is one of the most populated areas in the world and also one of the most vulnerable to flooding and they have successfully employed various flood defence systems.
To conclude, stemming the rising tides caused by increasing global temperatures is one of the foremost challenges we face and it will ultimately lead to many of the worlds’ cities being left underwater, but a possible solution could be to utilise the flood prevention techniques already used by countries like Holland. It is predicted that more and more countries will be forced to take such measures to avoid a watery catastrophe.”
Các dạng đề khác
- Global warming is increasing day by day. What are the causes of global warming and what can be done to eradicate this global problem.
- Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others believe individuals can also do some things to solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Chủ đề Global Issues khá khó để đoán được vì đang có rất nhiều khía cạnh, vấn đề xảy ra trên toàn cầu. Vì thế, hãy lồng ghép việc luyện tập cùng với các chủ đề nhỏ khác, và nắm được đại ý để triển khai tương tự cho các câu hỏi, yêu cầu khác.
Chủ đề này được đề cập khá nhiều trong các Phần thi IELTS Reading, bạn cũng có thể tận dụng để nâng cao vốn từ vựng cũng như học thêm các cấu trúc câu hay ho lắm đấy. Chúc bạn thành công nhé!